Thursday 26 February 2015

Frozen

It seems Princess Elsa has been on a tour of Eastern Canada, as it has been suffering some terrible winter weather with ice and blizzards.  My Canadian friends have been posting some amazing photos and videos on facebook - this one was taken from a Trans Canada Highway webcam near where I was riding on Cape Breton last July..
Apparently this was one of the few roads in Nova Scotia that was officially open!

Skating through the streets of Sydney...
... Nova Scotia not Australia of course,  and where I started from when I crossed to the mainland from Newfoundland.   You can tell they are Canadian by their arm extensions, otherwise known as ice hockey sticks.
 This all goes a long way to explaining why I am NOT riding in Canada over the winter!

A far cry from this glorious aerial photo posted a couple of months ago by Gillian Allen, showing her idyllic farm in Nova Scotia where Lady spent her summer holiday..
 
The cold never bothered me anyway.  Lady is living out at her winter quarters near Ottawa, and doing well, as this photo of her sent by Sian testifies..
..though there has apparently been quite a bit more snow since then.
 
I am unlikely to have trouble starting Lady in the spring, but have been a bit more worried about my truck..
However, Sian tells me it started last week with no problems.
 
Which brings me to the latest news that I have taken the plunge and booked my flight back to Toronto for April 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment