Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Day in the Life......

May 16th and a soaking wet morning.....

.... Zorbee and I entered a forest and rode along the edge of a steep escarpment with fabulous views, or at least I imagine they were as I could see nothing in the thick mist which descended......

...not long after followed by a hailstorm - you can see the hailstones littering the ground in the photo below....

...
 After scouting around for a while I managed to find a steep rocky path down the escarpment which Zorbee and I slid down .....  Of course it does not look at all alarming in the photo but Zorbee willingly negotiates all obstacles .....

A scary tunnel.......


....but that was easy peasy ... a railway crossing maze....
 Zorbee finds a new friend - a friendly road litterman who produced a bag of apples for him.

In the distance on the far right of the photo below is the escarpment we slid down.  And flying above the tree is a familiar mid Wales sight - a kite...
....of the avian variety.......

A wonderful dinner laid on at Grosselfingen by our kind host Mr Hauth, fourth from left in the photo below.
And we were provided with camp beds to sleep on!  Very civilised.
 I really MUST be shrinking day by day. With Melanie who rode with me for the next two days and husband Benjamin  ......


No comments:

Post a Comment