Thursday 9 July 2009

Safety First.


Following my accident, I have decided it will be advisable to use a body protector from now on, particularly in view of my advancing years. However I have been concerned about the practicality of riding for long hours in this piece of kit, as all those available on the market appeared to be very unrelenting to feminine curves - in other words they squash your boobs! That was before I came across Kanteq http://www.kanteq.com/ who have developed a revolutionary new body protector which is not only to the highest safety specification, but designed to comfortably fit the female form. I am therefore delighted that they have agreed to sponsor me with their marvellous product, to protect me if the worst happens again.

I have already declared that if it had not been for my wonderful Charles Owen Pro II helmet I am convinced my injuries would have been far more serious and even fatal, as I crashed down head first. Although there was no visible damage to my helmet (and arguably my head!) it is always recommended that a helmet is replaced after a heavy impact. Thus I am most appreciative that Charles Owen http://www.charlesowen.co.uk/ have been considerate of my welfare and generously offered to replace my helmet with a new one.
You will see below that I eventually managed to embed the map showing the route of the ride during April 2009 until I fell off. Make sure you change the setting to satellite and zoom in to get full advantage. Click on the blue points to see short descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment