Sunday 11 May 2014

Moose Bourgignon

I am rapidly learning to enjoy moose eaten in a variety of different ways. The temptation of moose bourgignon after my first day's riding with both Lady and Albert was too much to keep me away from a last return visit to Cabot and Deirdre's house on Thursday evening. Most acceptable washed down with a glass of red wine.
 I am gradually breaking the ponies in to the idea of horse packing, and on this first day along the coastal trail to Holyrood I just ponied Albert without a pack saddle.  The horses were stalled in a secure barn overnight courtesy of George and Mary Gushue ......
...and I returned late from my moose supper to find I had a warm bedroom waiting for me in the house, rather than the night in the back of the truck that I had been expecting!  Not only that, but Mary had prepared supper for me. Full of moose, I was not able to take advantage of the supper, but I was able to tuck into the hearty breakfast which awaited the next morning.....
Many thanks for the warm Newfoundland welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment