Friday 27 June 2014

Goodbye Newfoundland!

...but hopefully it will only be Au Revoir and not Farewell as I was made to feel as if it was a second home.    The help and hospitality I received while crossing The Rock was totally overwhelming, and I will treasure many precious memories of my time there.  Many many thanks to everyone who helped me on my way - I could not have done it without you!
Lady and me by the ferry harbour at Port aux Basques before boarding on Monday evening (photo by Gulf News reporter Brodie Thomas).
I had a lovely surprise on the ferry as John Carter's son Captain Colin Carter was captaining the ferry we were travelling on, and arranged for me to have a complimentary cabin.  It was the icing on the cake of my Newfoundland crossing success to find I had been given the owner's suite with shower, TV, sofa, double bed and view out over the prow, all of which I made good use of. 
Loving the towel bunny....
Lady waiting to set out after unloading in North Sydney the next morning...
We rode up to Cabresto Ridge Equestrian Centre at Coxheath , where I have been staying courtesy of Angela Mercer Penny for a couple of days while Lady has a rest and I plan the next leg.   Angela's parents Mike and Peggy have taken me into their home and have been spoiling me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment