Saturday 1 August 2009

Back in Beijing

Have managed to circumvent the Great Firewall of China with a little help from my friends! But how long this lasts is anyone's guess as it is apparently a cat and mouse game. Champagne flight with BA as the plane was chockablock and I was one of the lucky few to be upgraded to business class. Met at the airport by a welcoming delegation consisting of Kubi, Peng, Li May and Hua our new driver who also speaks good English. Driven to hotel by Peng in my 4x4 (how funny to own a car and not to be able to drive it!)and am now catching up on sleep and sorting out my bags, including all the stuff I collected from Ed's flat yesterday. We will probably be off to Guyuan early tomorrow to meet up with the horses again. They are reportedly fat and well, but the mad Hei Feng has somehow injured his hind legs so we are down to three. At least it was not one of the quiet ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment